Lock 3 Mineral Processing and Recycling Company was established in 1950, on a dock on the Monongahela River near Lock #3, as a small crushing and mineral recycling company. As the steel industry around Pittsburgh expanded and contracted over the decades, our company continued its steady growth providing its processing and recycling services to the local steel industry. Through word-of-mouth we have grown to provide services to an international customer base.
In 1998 we moved our operations from our original site to our current 6-acre facility and warehouse in Monongahela, PA.
Lock 3 Company’s central location logistically enhances “Just–In-Time” delivery requirements for facilities east of the Mississippi. Positioned near Interstates 79 and 70, Lock 3 Company is near several intermodal river terminals accessing NS rail service.